This new flick Battle of the Sexes, about the chauvinist gambler and former Wimbleton winner who took on female tennis pro Bill Jean King, is a good combination of humor and social commentary. The film is well balance in a way that few films are. Kind of reminds me of Rain Man in that regard. The sets and costumes really capture the era of the 70s very well.
Do you remember hearing about the tennis match in the 70s between them, in which Billie Jean King won? I remember HBO sports pushing documentaries about it really hard when I was like 5 years old, in between Mike Tyson boxing decapitations. This movie makes an interesting point: that women won the battle of the sexes, in terms of independence, pay, and social prestige. Billie Jean King becomes liberated from her husband by a dike lover to rub in the fact that she wins this charade of a tennis match. It is rather unsettling. The husband has to cuck. And that’s the problem. Don’t blame women for being misguided. Its the men who cucked societally and allowed this corrosion, where men get walked all over.
Steve Carell plays the male chauvinist very effectively. He is a dead look-alike in fact. At the time the guy was so past retirement that the match was a bogus litmus test for the make species. John McEnroe would have kicked Billie Jean;s ass. Anyhow, Carell brings a zeal and enthusiasm to the role which is unmatched in the film. He does manage to beat the #2 tennis star in the world at the time, who is the more traditional woman. Strangly, the movie subtly hints that a traditional woman does not handle pressure as well as a gay one.
This is a hard film to review and grade so I would recommend you see it yourself and come to your own decision. Prepare to have a few laughs and possibly be outraged at dike scenes where you were not invited in as a threesome.
couples shoot I did with Velvet Ecstasy
We have all been brought up to assume men are horny dogs and women are the guardians of morality and of civilization. However, the fact is that women are watching way more porn on their cell phones than men are:
Far from objectifying women, men are servants of woman in the current feminist matriarchy in the United States. Our society is like the old film The Wicker Man, where men build and do repairs, while women out-earn men while they sit on their ass and administrate. Even working in porn was like this, where the guys did all the hard work in bed but were making like 1/3 what women earn. Meanwhile the guys were setting up all the shoots and doing the driving and everything that actually got things going.
Marches like yesterday’s National Womens’ Strike demonstrate that American women carry a huge hypocritical chip on their shoulder over men objectifying them, and oppressing them. The truth is that by watching more porn than men, that women are doing just fine on their own in terms of objectifying themselves as sex objects. Women are also responsible for so many talentless overly sexual pop culture losers like Beyoncé, Madonna, Katie Perry, and even the Kardashians (who no male in their right mind would waste two seconds watching). Frankly – we could use more national days without women. Let them stay home and watch porn on their cell phones. Men can pick up their slack anyways.
1. No person shall make men lift heavy objects while women stand by commanding them without helping.
2. No man shall be made to pay for babies they did not agree for the woman to have.
3. No man shall be forced to listen to Dave Mathews band in any public place, at any time.
4. No business shall discriminate against hiring men because of facial hair, since that is a sexist principle.
5. Women shall pay their exact share of the bill and percentage of tip (as proportional to their order).
6. Men who are physically attacked by women will be taken seriously by authorities, and women will be charged accordingly.
7. Sexist comments against men in the workplace will be considered sexual harassment, and men will be paid through cases of beer (after arbitration).
8. Any woman who wishes to see the latest romantic comedy shall pay for both the tickets, and the refreshments, as well as any additional fees incurred by the male, including any subsequent parking tickets or DUI’s.
9. The government shall charge and prosecute razor blade companies with anti-trust violations, since they have conspired in causing razor prices to be unbearable.
10. Valentine’s Day shall be abolished, since it violates the Equal Protection clause and 13th Amendments of the Constitution.